Date Palm Tissue Culture
Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as date or Date Palm Plant, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit. The Date Palm Plant is vulnerable to diseases such as the Belait, Bending Head, Black Scorch and so on.
Hybrid Agri produces high–quality, pest and disease-free plants with practically complete field establishment. Our plants are characterized by uniformity, rapid growth, early fruiting, and high yield potential. Our trading company generates commercial quantities of high quality, genetically uniform plants of the most select and desirable varieties. Date Palm Tissue Culture at Hybrid Agri also grows to a mature plant very quickly giving you a quick and a wholesome yield. Two main methods are currently used for the multiplication of date palms: somatic embryogenesis and organogenesis. It is of high importance to ensure the true-to-type state of our trees by monitoring their genetic stability during the whole in vitro process.
The tissue culture raised date palm plant has distinct advantages over seedlings or off-shoots:
1. It is certified for the male / female gender.
2. It is true-to-type to the variety
3. It has high field survivability.
4. It is free from disease and pest when supplied from our nursery.
5. It gives date fruit of elite premium varieties which can be commercialised at attractive prices.
6. Adequate planting material can be made available for large commercial plantations at any given time of the year.